Monday, April 28, 2014

#hpmkt


Happy Monday friends! I know High Point Furniture Market was the the beginning of April... and it's taken me a few weeks to get my act together to post about my trip.  Better late than never right? I couldn't leave you guys hanging from my Market Predictions post! So here's the low down. I only made it through ONE building. Yes I know, it's a little sad and I expected more of myself but I had a great time, saw some great things [and some great people!]

For a reference of my predictions:
Mixing Metallics
Statement Mirrors
Radiant Orchid
Ginger Jars
Bold & Bright Colors
Heavy Geometric Patterns
Oversized Florals
Lacquered Accent Furniture

I was very surprised with the lack of support for the Pantone Color of the year, Radiant Orchid.  In the past markets, the Pantone Color of the year has been such a focus with the showrooms whether it's paint, accessories, or even the furniture [ie: Emerald in 2013 & Tangerine in 2012 ] However, I was right on most of my other predictions! Mixing metallics and statement mirrors are not going out of style anytime soon, so if you've been a little weary on the trends - don't be! Ginger jars & Geometric patterns were also everywhere! 

As for now, I'll leave it at that and I'll let let the pictures speak for themselves...
[All images are my own, showroom links within captions]

Studio A | Instagram
Global Views | Instagram
showroom entry display
statement mirror
Bar cart display
statement mirrors | 3D wall hangings

gold leafing demonstration


wood floor design
statement mirror
bone detail coffee table

red coral rug

mixed metallic layered trays
lacquered accent furniture
statement mirror
mercury glass coffee table decor
nailhead trim on driftwood dresser

Arteriors | Instagram | Twitter
chevron statement mirrors

 Bungalow 5
ginger jar

Worlds Away | Instagram | Twitter
metallic starburst details
mixing antiqued mirror & silver accents

Libby Langdon for Braxton Culler | Instagram | Twitter
upholstery detail
Libby & I in her showroom
Love this furniture & decor but aren't a designer to hold an account with these companies? HINT: Keep your eye out on flash sites like Wayfair, Joss & Main, One Kings Lane & more for flash sales and curated collections featuring pieces from these lines! Check out my list of my favorite places to shop here for all of the direct links for flash sales & all of your shopping needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!