Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Finding Organization


After packing up my entire life and moving into a new place recently, I think I've finally realized how much stuff I have.... A  L O T. Whew - I've been here for a little over a week now and I feel like I haven't even made a dent in my unpacking! I can't figure out where I'm going to put all this extra stuff I have whether it's crafting supplies {oh my lanta - The crafting supplies} or the mass amounts of paint I have collected, or even just design magazines or books I've saved. Why? Not a clue. Good thing I love painting cause I could open up my Hobby Lobby with all the paint I have!

As I sit here in my {unpacked} living room staring at the buckets and boxes of stuff just piled up in the corner of the room, I'm thinking I need to get something to help me organize my own personal Hobby Lobby. My criteria for this:
1. Appealing to the Eye - This is a must, being a designer I needed my space to look very well put together.
2. Easily Accessible - Hey, A girl can like to craft and paint right? I would love for my paints especially to be organized, hidden and easy to get to.

Just two simple requests and the more I think about it I know the perfect resolution to this. One word - IKEA. The Expedit shelving series would be perfect for this situation! The only question now... Which one? Check out some of the looks I love using the Expedit series:

Made by Girl | Pinterest

Bien.hu | Pinterest

lolalina | Pinterest

BloigPluss | Pinterest

Birch & Bird | Pinterest

Live Creating Yourself | Pinterest

Apartment Therapy | Pinterest

Flickr | Pinterest

Design Sponge | Pinterest
I love the thought of putting legs on the long, skinny Expedit shelving unit and filling it with pretty decorative baskets. What's your thought on this organization idea? How would you style this ikea product?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!