Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Favorites & The Liebster Award


Happy Friday!! Here are my friday favorites from Pinterest this week - There's even a DIY included!

Style Me Pretty
The Apron Blog {Home Depot DIY included!}
Home DIY Concepts



Now, I have some exciting news! Kristen from Home Sweet Life blog has nominated me for the Liebster award! Thank you so much Kristen - It means a lot! The Liebster award is a series of chain posts that link, connect, and act as a way for new bloggers to get to know each other!! Keep reading to see who I've nominated! {this is going to get wordy - stick with me}

If anyone is looking for the official rule list, here it is:
The Liebster Award Rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award {under 200 followers if possible!}
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees

As for the 10 questions from Kristen:
How long have you been blogging?
Almost a year! It's so crazy to think it's already been one year - WOW!

What or who serves as your blogging inspiration?
My overpriced education..... HAHA but really. I love love love residential design. My day job is a little unique and if I had to categorize it I would say it's a little more on the commercial side. While I love my job - Defined Designs is my outlet for keeping up with the latest trends, styles, and everything you can think of Design! It might sound weird but my inspiration is definitely staying current.

If you're not in front of your computer writing posts, what could your fans find you doing to enjoy your free time?
Well, if i had to be honest.... I'm always in front of my computer. Yes, I work from my computer & I blog from my computer. But those hours that I'm able to step away from the laptop, you can probably find me out and about in the queen city with my friends! Shopping, Eating, Enjoying a country concert in the summer.. {in reality you can probably find me at cabo fish taco or chipotle...}

Has there ever been a project or idea that didn't go as planned? AKA any DIY disasters
Yes. Yes. Yes. Nobody is perfect of course there are DIY Disasters. The only thing is - I usually get frustrated and throw it out so there is zero documentation of any such thing.

Where do you see your blog in 1 year?
Can I say I have no freakin' idea? I have so many hopes and dreams for myself in general I feel like I would be happy with any form of success that comes within the next year. I would love to connect with more small business's or bloggers and collaborate and partner more. I don't plan on stopping this blog any time soon so like my mom and dad always told me {cue cheesy background music} "the sky is the limit so reach for the stars"

If you had to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
This is such a difficult question.... Perfectionist, Crafty, and Talkative. {hence, the blog}

If you could have anyone play you in a movie, who would it be and why?
That's easy, Rachel Bilson. If you haven't seen Heart of Dixie go sit down, log onto Netflix, and binge.

What's your favorite home purchase/ project you've ever made?
Well, I did just move into a house so this one is going to be hard. Home Purchase - definitely either the TV cabinet I got off craigslist & I'm having refinished {score!} or the amazing new area rug I got at home goods! {similar here}

Any travel plans this year?
Hmmm.. well I seem to travel a lot for work - Does that count? I'll most likely have the opportunity to visit a few job sites for work and see the construction/ warehouses/ and the furniture! Besides that I would LOVEEEE to go on another cruise but I don't see that panning out for a while!

What advice would you give to any new bloggers out there?
This one is a little ironic because my blog is still so new to me. It's hard to believe it's almost been a year since I started. This past week I attended a blogging conference at the Art Institutes of Charlotte where I held a networking workshop with a fellow Charlotte blogger friend of mine. There is so much advice I could give this answer would drag on for days. The one piece of advice I would have to say would be to stay true to yourself. It's very hard to get caught up in other blogs you follow and it's easy to find yourself comparing yourself to them. What you don't think about all the time is no matter how fancy and successful those blogs are - they all started out just like you!


The Blogs I have nominated are:
1. Hope in a Blog
2. Trendy Lindy
3. Turquoise and Teale
4. Sweet Peach Couture
5. Lessons with A
6. The Wetherills Say I Do
7. As the wine cork turns
8. Becoming a Mrs.
9. The Mainline
10. The Next Step

My 10 questions for my nominees:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. If you had to pick one blog you follow that you find the most inspirational, which one would it be and why?
3. Where do you see your blog in 1 year?
4. What was your most recent shopping purchase to use or feature on your blog?
5. Do you have a DIY project you are proud of? What was it?
6. Most bloggers are very mobile, where do you blog from mostly and why do you enjoy blogging from there?
7. What was your first "success" moment in blogging? {big or small}
8. If you could have anyone play you in a movie, who would it be?
9. Who or what serves as your blogging inspiration?
10. What is one piece of advice you could give to new bloggers out there?


Good luck and congrats to all of the bloggers nominated!! Thank you Kristen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!