Monday, November 18, 2013

Pantone Prediction

Monday, Monday, Monday.  Personally, I think Monday's are a long shot. They're very unpredictable but wether they are good or bad it sets the stage for how your week is about to go. On this fine Monday, I bring to you a Trend Board for my predictions of the 2014 Pantone Color of the year... but because it is Monday, we'll call it a [Monday Morning Moodboard] Now say Monday 5 times, really fast...
While Pantone has yet to announce the official 2014 Color of the Year, I'd like to share my thoughts.

Navy. [Navy & Gold]
Navy blue is a hot and popular color right now - and an amazing color [in my opinion] to mix and match with anything. Check out my [Pantone 2014] pinterest board to see more navy pairings

Even though I wasn't able to attend the Fall High Point Furniture market, I had all of my design friends keeping me posted and sending me pictures of all the showrooms.  I also did my fair share of instgram and blog stalking to keep up with the trends and what was going on each day.  What color was used the most at market this fall? Yep. You guessed it - Navy and Gold.
And by now, you've most likely figured out that I have a slight obsession with gold and metallics so, what better than to pair my 2014 prediction [navy] with my new found love  [gold]

Like stated earlier, Pantone has yet to reveal the 2014 Color of the Year.  What they have given us is a sneak peak of the Spring 2014 Fashion Color Report. On their website, you can even go and look at all of the designers and influencers who took part in making the decisions for 2014. [it's pretty cool if you ask me]

As for the Spring 2014 Color Report?
[insert thumbs up emoji here] Soft pastels - check. Bright and bold jewel tones - check. Throw in a few neutrals and earth tones - check.  Solid decision and collaboration on everyone at Pantone's part. My applause goes out to all who contributed.

Who's excited? I know I am. Do you think the 2014 Color of the year will be navy?  Comment with your thoughts below! Take the 2014 Color Survey and Vote for your favorite Colors here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!