Monday, December 9, 2013

Color of the Year

It's Here! The Pantone Color of the Year has been announced. Remember my post predicting this years Color of the Year..? Long story short - I was wrong. Very very wrong. [Whoops] Before I get into details about my thoughts and all that good stuff, let me introduce you to the Pantone Color of the Year 2014

The thing I love most about Pantone is not only do they select a color of the year, but they also provide every piece of information you would need or want to know about the color. You can see all of the color information, inspiration, and mood boards that went into the selection process. You can even watch the video to hear how the color was selected!

Curious about what the last few years colors were? You can see them all on the pantone website, but here are the most recent.



Now as for my thoughts on the color of the year? Let's just say I would rather it be navy blue like I predicted.  However, I do think that the hues of purple and Radiant Orchid will be put to some good use this year.  I'm interested to see how designers, and more put their creative spin on the beautiful color.

Want to incorporate Radiant Orchid into your house or closet? Check out my [Color of the Year] pinterest board.  What are your thoughts on the color of the year?

2 comments:

  1. I like the color, but I think I like your choice of navy blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color, but I think I like your choice better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!